Some key background facts:
1. Every democracy in the history of the world has failed when it lost the trust and confidence of the people.
2. Trust and confidence in the American democratic process is at or near an all-time low.
3. America now ranks twenty-first (21st) in the world in terms of actually being democratic.
4. The American people have always had the right to step in and upgrade their democratic process by amending their constitution.
And, in our experience, despite what you see on television, the vast majority of Americans—about 4 out of 5—are fair, honest, and perfectly capable of coming together and resolving community issues.
So, after 230 years, isn’t it time we Americans came together, reviewed the state of our democratic process, and upgraded it where the vast majority believe it necessary?
ThePeoplesConvention.org provides the American people with the opportunity to fairly, honestly and respectfully, come together and upgrade their democratic process themselves.
Participation is fairly balanced by political inclination, gender, age, above/below the poverty line, and most importantly,is free from the influence of special interests.
Our conventions are neutral, nonpartisan, available online and in-person, and consist of four steps:
1. BRINGING AMERICANS TOGETHER respectfully from across the political spectrum
2. THEY AGREE on what THEY SAY would make the BIGGEST difference in upgrading our democratic process.
3. THEY DRAFT a maximum of one to three widely popular, and powerfully simple, amendments to their state or national constitution.
4. WE SUPPORT THEM in choosing the best avenue and creating teams to secure approval in their state.
We invite you to support and participate in ThePeoplesConvention.org and assist us in making sure it remains as fair, honest, effective, and respectful as possible.
For those familiar with the Article V (five) constitutional amendment process in the U.S. Constitution, please note ThePeoplesConvention.org is NOT a convention held pursuant to Article V. ThePeoplesConvention.org is called by the people themselves–NOT the state legislators, FREE from the influence of special interests, pursuant to the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
After six years of research, polling and testing, I’m pleased to share with you the extraordinary results that have been combined here into The People’s Convention 2016: The Sedona Amendments. We asked over 450 generous residents of...read more