We the People (www.WeThePeople.FutureNetwork.TV) is a reality television series proposed by FutureNetwork.TV (www.FutureNetwork.TV). The series addresses the following:
- The vast majority of Americans disapprove of Congress.
- A constitutional convention is the only way Americans can upgrade and strengthen their democracy themselves.
- There’s never been a constitutional convention—because there are no rules and that frightens some people.
The purpose of We the People is to demonstrate and prove that everyday Americans from every political persuasion—free from the influence of special interests and the commercial media—can get together and
- Resurrect Article V.
- Make it fair, democratic and user-friendly.
- Re-create the ability of Americans to bypass Congress and upgrade and strengthen their democracy themselves.
We’re convinced that if you give everyday Americans an issue—and accurate and complete information—they can be trusted to:
- Be honest, thoughtful, conscientious and respectful.
- Focus on what’s best for the community.
- Agree on fair, democratic and transparent rules.
- Ask pertinent questions.
- Vote on proposals likely to be supported by 75% of the American people—the number that may be required to amend the constitution.
We’ll also prove that everyday Americans from every political persuasion—free from the influence of special interests and the commercial media—can also get together and agree on other proposals likely to be supported by 75% Americans including:
- Taking the influence of money out of politics.
- Creating an ethical code for policymakers.
- The right to intervene and redirect Congress when necessary.
- Secure funding for episodes 1-4.
- Confirm the production partner.
- Secure distribution.
Blair Henry, Executive Producer & Program Host