Hosting a Workshop
When you host a workshop, you are providing members of your community, from across the political spectrum, with the fair, honest and respectful opportunity to create the future of the American political process.
One goal of the workshop is to identify proposals that
- Participants agree would strengthen the democratic process
- Would be approved by the vast majority of Americans from across the political spectrum (75%)
Therefore, it is important to have your workshop participants represent, as closely as possible, the political inclination of the nation as a whole—26% of Americans polled claim to typically lean left politically, 35% middle and 35% right.[i]
To accomplish this, we recommend each participant bring along two other participants of a different political persuasion.
Venue & Equipment
Larger workshops managed by ThePeoplesConvention.org can cost $35,000 or more.
And yet, most of the smaller, one-day workshops with 50-100 participants can cost as little as $3500 if the local Host Team secures donations of the following to ThePeoplesConvention.org, a “neutral, nonpartisan, 501c3 non-profit organization”
- Equipment: 1-2 large projector screens, projectors and computers; three microphones
- 1-2 videographers
- Refreshments: min. coffee, tea, water
- 3-4 volunteer assistants
The Host Team is free to charge whatever admission they wish, if any. The Host may collect the admission or ThePeoplesConvention.org may provide a place to purchase tickets online. Funds collected in excess of over $3500 are returned to the Host Team.
- 2-5-member local Host Team established
- Venue and available dates identified
- Host Team and facilitator select workshop date
- Nonrefundable deposit of $3500 due three weeks before scheduled date
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, click here.