Here’s the text from the updated One-Page Overview of our work at The People’s Convention. Please contact us with any questions or suggestions!
THE ONE-PAGE OVERVIEW
Trust and confidence in the American political process is almost non-existent; there are a number of issues The People need addressed; and there doesn’t appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel.
WHAT WE DO
The People’s Convention LLC is therefore organizing the nation’s first national non-partisan political convention under Article V of the Constitution. This process was designed by the founders to provide everyday common-sense Americans with the opportunity to bypass Congress when necessary and
- Explore proposals to strengthen their democracy themselves, and
- Have highly proposals implemented as amendments to the constitution.
THE KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL PROCESS
We’re using an innovative approach and simplified the convention process to make it workable:
- Beginning with The People themselves—not their elected representatives
- Keeping the process simple, fair, honest and respectful
- Bringing people together from across the political spectrum, and
- Identifying proposals that will be supported by a majority of the legislators in 75% of the states.
Topics are likely to include, but not be limited to, those that a vast majority of Americans already support:
- Campaign finance reform (81%)
- Term limits (78%)
- Balanced federal budget (74%)
WHAT SETS US APART
What sets us apart is
- We’re fair, honest, impartial, non-partisan conference organizers.
- We don’t submit our own proposals—we assist others, upon request, with their proposals.
- Our process is designed to be respectful, transparent, legal and effective.
- We’re supported financially by generous, fair-minded Americans across the political spectrum.
- With timely and sufficient funding, states will be able to act on proposals by March 2013.
WHAT’S NEEDED NOW
As an indication of unity and impartiality, we’re seeking $500K each from those typically associated the left wing of politics, the right wing of politics, and the middle or independent wing of politics. Funders may participate in the final design and promotion of a truly fair and respectable conference process.
Contact: Blair Henry J.D., Executive Director at Blair@ThePeoplesConvention.org or 218-230-4024.
Email Blair www.ThePeoplesConvention.org
Join the Mailing List
Questions?? See the FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)
You can view and copy this document in the library at The People’s Convention.